Kirk Alyn

George Reeves

Movies

Lois and Clark   Smallville   Man of Steel   Returns  Superboy

Fan Boy Art  Forum Emotion Images   Avatars   Images Gallery  Superman Facts  Superman Fan Art  Hulk Store

Home

Superman Comics
Superman Links
Hulk VS Superman
Superman Articles
Superman serials

Superman Wallpaper
Superman Animation

Superhero Workouts
New Collectibles
Superman Store

Green Arrow

Batman

Flash

Wonder Woman

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SupermanTV.net Forum / Superman / General Discussion / Posting / Introduce Yourself

Posted:  20 Apr 2006 15:58
LOL

Into the Twin Towers ran the 343 Firefighters
Posted:  20 Apr 2006 19:31
Sorry Kavi, but its hard to ignore someone when the critize your work.

Actually, by Martial Arts I meant, "Martial" "Arts"  For example, Jeet Kune Do - made by Bruce Lee, Tae Kwan Do - My first Art, Bagua - Used By Let Li, still working on that one, Lee Kwan Choo - I want to learn so very badly but it's only taught in Chinese Monistaries,
So I have absolutly no clue what painting pictures has to do with martial arts, but it's your own little world.

Kumite or 組手 means sparring, and is one of the three main sections of karate training, along with kata and kihon. Kumite is the part of karate in which you train against an opponent, using the techniques learnt from the kihon and kata.  Of course the word kumite refers to all forms of sparring.

Now, I don't practice Karate, I practice tough martial arts, not the ones you go an pay a couple bucks and learn a few new tricks at. Also, I never fight outside the dojo unless it's life and death, because I don't want to hurt that person.  No matter how much I dislike them.

Finally if you want to take me on in a dojo someplace, you'll have to be good at any martial art.  No weapons, we rely only on our skills (and yes that means dropping that beloved fire axe).  btw, I've been doing martial arts almost all my life, so good luck cathching up, because I don't wait.

Road of Lightning
Posted:  21 Apr 2006 06:21
Hmph, Krypton, you haven't responded in a while.

Road of Lightning
Posted:  24 Apr 2006 04:20
Sorry Aero I pulled a double 24 hour shift at work...you know, that thing you want to do
Actually I had to take an OT shift for 24 hours. Lots of guys out sick with the flu.

Glad to hear you have pursued the Martial Arts field for so long. I started 12 years ago at the age of 10.
I beagn taking Kung Fu Wu Su, and also Tae Kwando.
I won't get into belt rankings etc  as I do not really believe they are necessary, but let's say I have achieved my ultimate goal in the arts. Bragging about or fighting because of the acquired knowledge is definitely not in my style.
I was taught to walk away...nothing to be ashamed of in doing so. But if the chips are ever down at least I know I can come out on top.
I love sparring and the limberness of the arts has definitely helped in my work life.
You might want to consider firefighting as a career.

Anyway, I am still here (and I still don't think I really did anything wrong here), but you guys are the judges not me. So if I really offended anyone I sincerely apologize.
Let's get back to Smallville !!!

Posted:  26 Apr 2006 05:01
Quote:
Sorry Aero I pulled a double 24 hour shift at work...you know, that thing you want to do

well I can't argue with that, but 24 hrs is kinda tedious.

Thats pretty impressive that you've worked on Kung Fu Wu-Su, who was your director by curiosity? anyways I'm totally with the best battle won is the battle not faught, theme.  I've thought about a lot of careers but fire just aint my element, I'm thinking about being a game designer (of course I'll be one of the few ones that are in fit shap )

Road of Lightning
Posted:  26 Apr 2006 15:39
Master Alan Lee, he is a Taoist priest.
It was at the Kung Fu Wu Su association in NY.
You can check the website at www.kungfu-wusu.com

I recommend it to everyone and anyone

Posted:  27 Apr 2006 00:38
I thought it might be Lee.  Ayways I'm not to partial to his martial arts, I mean I think it's excellent art but it takes to little energy for me.  I prefer a fast acting art, like Wai Wing Chun or Jeet Kun Do.  Yea I like Bruce Lee a lot.

Road of Lightning
Posted:  27 Apr 2006 05:14
Aero, Im am also a big Fan of Bruce's style. I chose the Wu Su on a recommendation from a friend and found it to be perfect for what I wanted.
I also maxed out in Tae Kwan Do, another art I enjoy.

Both came in handy in the military. I thought I would pursue a career there, but did my short time and came out to go on the FDNY. I wanted to help people more than hurt them. In the Rangers you are pretty much guaranteed to be hurting others.
I really enjoy my career now. It is great having people show so much love towards you as a firefighter.
Good luck with your gaming career goal. Everyone eventually finds there niche in life :-)

Krypton (Jim)

Posted:  27 Apr 2006 05:54
you also did Tae Kwan do? that was myt first martial art, I went up to the level 1 BB but quit to try other styles, thats sweet.

I found these and thought you could use a little humor

In our firehouse the bunk room is always very dark what we did was when our
probie was fast asleep we picked up his bed and turned it around with him in it.
When the bells went off and he got out of bed he smashed into the wall instead of
walking toward the door. ~ Chuck

A good joke is to fold ketchup packs in half and put them under the toilet seat. You will need to take a pin and poke a small hole in them first and when placed right they can create quite a suprise.
Submitted by: Jeremy

This works great when the lottery jackpot is really high. Wait until the numbers are drawn and then purchase a ticket with the winning numbers. Give the ticket to the "victim" and ask them to check the numbers on the 11 o'clock news. No one bothers to check the date and they go nuts when they think they are holding the winning ticket in their hand. We had one guy who was ready to quit the fire department on the spot. It only costs a dollar and the reaction is priceless. ~ Unkown

Enjoy

Road of Lightning
Posted:  27 Apr 2006 15:36
Good ones

We also do the saran wrap across the toilet...it gets the new guys every time. Then they have to clean up

Posted:  28 Apr 2006 00:28
haha

Road of Lightning
Posted:  30 Apr 2006 07:19
ooh so this is where u introduce urself

kk i'm lily i live in new york i'm 15..there we go  lol
Posted:  30 Apr 2006 16:33
Hi Lily,
welcome to Smallville.
You live in a great State

Posted:  30 Apr 2006 16:46
more newyorkers!  no i dun live there, I want mor ppl for SoCal

Road of Lightning
Posted:  01 May 2006 09:41
Hey lily... Welcome to the smallville family.
Hope you have fun at this site.

KaVz
Posted:  02 May 2006 05:17
Welcome back Kavi

Posted:  02 May 2006 15:33
Hey krypton... Well you’re the last person i expected to "welcome" me; I mean after all the drama we had. But I’m willing to set all differences aside and start all over (as in forget all the crap)... "Maybe" we could be "online" Friends. But this time lets not start "online lovers" crap..Ok

KaVz
Posted:  03 May 2006 05:10
You've got it kavitha.
all the crap is officially forgotten. Thanks for remaining friends. It was important to me. I really enjoyed posting back and forth with you

Hope everything is going good with your project.
I took the exam and await the results...but I think I did really good.
I leave May 8th for a return trip down to New Orleans to assist with the rebuild. We relieve guys at their firehouses so they can take care of their own, plus I am also helping out with habitat for Humanity  construction. I took a 4 week stint,and will try to post when I get within wireless areas.
Not sure how good that will be down there yet.
I will definitely be Tivo'ing Smallville in case I miss it down there.

I'll be around here, but not as often as I would like.

Take care Kavi, and thanks for remaining friends,
Kryp (Jim)

Posted:  03 May 2006 08:48
Ok...Then friends it is....

Quote:
I really enjoyed posting back and forth with you

Me too kryp.

I glad to know that you did your exams very well and hope you get good results. I hope you have a safe trip and everything turns our well. You are a very brave person. Be careful. I will be looking forward for your posts. I hope you come back safe and sound.

Take care
Good luck
Kav.

KaVz
Posted:  12 May 2006 15:27
Hello, I'm Kal-El on myspace. I just joined this site today glad to see other fans abroad this rocks. I never really got into comics myself but the movies are phenomenal and Smallville is the best show ever I can't get enough of it.  This is one of the greatest story remakes of Superman/Clark.  I hope
Singer gets it right on the big screen this June I work 3rd shift but I hope to chat with everyone eventually soon "I will return" "always remember son"
Posted:  05 Jun 2006 05:12
Tim, you mentioned the Spider-Man TV show from the 1970's.  It's missing a lot of things from the comic book--no Uncle Ben being shot, and Aunt May acts like a dork--but for what it is it's okay.  I watched it the same year the first Spider-Man movie came out.  Just try to accept it for what it is. 
Posted:  25 Jun 2006 07:32
Hey, okay, i found my way here, lol.  i'm callie, i love smallville and i love a certain guy on the show so...i'll talk to  you guys on here!
Posted:  11 Jul 2006 02:14
Quote:
I’
what is that ive seen it in kavi's post alot
Posted:  25 Jul 2006 05:19
11 year old baby talk lol

Posted:  25 Jul 2006 16:08
Quote:
11 year old baby talk lol
i saw that and couldnt stop laughing
Posted:  26 Jul 2006 19:39
Posted:  26 Jul 2006 22:43
that was before CG im soorrrrrryyyyyy and ive been nice and even made a thread[smirk]
Posted:  28 Jul 2006 04:37
[smirk]
Posted:  28 Jul 2006 18:04
No need to apologize...
Hi I am Kavitha's older sister Kevitha.
I think she has a crush on Krypton
Posted:  28 Jul 2006 18:22
um, probably not, who would?
 Find superhero products and fun collectibles in these store collections of merchandise - Batman Captain America Flash Green Arrow Green Lantern Spider-Man Wonder Woman

DC Universe Online - Playstation 3

Batman Logo Auto Accessories Interior Combo Kit Gift Set

Classic Superman Posters Superman the Movie Superman II Posters
Superman III Posters Comic Book Posters Superhero collectibles for sale

Comic Book Fan Art at Fanboyartist.com

SupermanTV.net Gallery Categories

Comic Book Covers

Arrow Gallery

George Reeves

Man of Steel

Smallville

Christopher Reeve

Superboy

Cartoons

Comic Book Ads

Buy Action Hero Abs at Amazon
Action Hero Abs details

Cartoon Gallery and Forum Spider-man Store Spider-man Fan Site Superhero Store Captain America Movie Posters  TV Shows Posterlovers.com