Kirk Alyn

George Reeves

Movies

Lois and Clark   Smallville   Man of Steel   Returns  Superboy

Fan Boy Art  Forum Emotion Images   Avatars   Images Gallery  Superman Facts  Superman Fan Art  Hulk Store

Home

Superman Comics
Superman Links
Hulk VS Superman
Superman Articles
Superman serials

Superman Wallpaper
Superman Animation

Superhero Workouts
New Collectibles
Superman Store

Green Arrow

Batman

Flash

Wonder Woman

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SupermanTV.net Forum / Superman / General Discussion / Posting / Introduce Yourself

Posted:  11 Oct 2005 00:14   Last Edited By: Tim
Hey guys if you want to tell a little something about yourself, hobbies, age group, favorite shows that kind. Post it here. It might be cool to get an idea where everyone is coming from.
Posted:  11 Oct 2005 10:05
Okay, I ain't going into the age group thing, but I'm sure with some of the subjects I mention, most people would have an easy guess, hehe.

Cool Superhero Movies: both Spiderman movies, Daredevil, the X-men movies, Hellblazer, Sin City, the Dolph Lundgren Punisher, and the 1st 2 Superman Movies, the old Captain America movie (or Tv-movie?) which had him against the Red Skull, the 1st Conan movie, Red Sonja (probably just because of Bridgette Nielsen, who was hot then), the Val Kilmer Batman, and ofcourse, Batman Begins.

Suckage Superhero Movies: Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spawn, the Michael Keaton and George Clooney Batmans (specially the Clooney one).

The Greatest Comics Ever: Dark Knight, Orion (Simonson), Thor (Simonson's run), Daredevil (Nocenti's run), Daredevil (Miller - Born Again), Miracleman (Moore), and Groo (Sergio Aragones).

Wanting to Read: Jack Kirby's whole 4th world run (New Gods, Mister Miracle, Jimmy Olsen, etc.), his OMAC and Kamandi series.  Also, Jim Starlin's epic (forgot the title and the names of the characters) ... where the hero is the last surviving member of his universe, because he had to blow this horn that destroys everything.  In one storyline, his enemies knew he was on a certain world, so they destroyed that whole world just to try and kill him, and he was the only one who survived ... talk about feeling guilty, hehehe. 
Posted:  11 Oct 2005 16:31
I'll bet you grew up in the 80's kazaadude.

My favorite comics of all time are the first 25 issues or so of All-Star Squadron, Superman comics from the John Byrne run and all the Superman comics before that, Fantastic Four Byrne run, The Incredible Hulk before Peter David took over back when the Hulk smashed and got more than two panels a book especially the days when the big green machine was on TV, Captain America 80's books, 80's X-men, and spiderman.

I like just about all super hero movies.
Regardless of what a lot of other fans say I liked Daredevil and the Val Kilmer Batman, I did like Michael Keaton too as Batman in the first one. The second one dragged too much which was not the fault of Keaton. The best movies of all time of course to me was Superman the Movie and the sequel. I liked Superman 3 too. The fourth one not as much.

The Spiderman movies rocked,

The Hulk was ok for the action scenes. The story wasn't that great really. Dog gone it the origin was way off and could have been the biggest part of the movie. The origin was such a waste.

Even though he was before my time Elvis is the King of Rock not counting the years he wore the white jumpsuit.
Posted:  11 Oct 2005 22:33
All Star Squadron?  Never read that.  Is it like a Justice Society kind of thing?

I guess you're a big John Byrne fan.  Yeah I used to also like reading Captain America (with the Falcon, hehe), X-men (the Claremont ones, and the Library used to have the really original X-men ... with Beast and Angel and everyone in their old uniforms, not X-factor, which was also cool), and Spiderman (the McFarlane ones had pretty good art, and the Venom suit and villain were pretty cool).  I even read the Spiderman where the Hunter shoots him with what later turned out to be a tranquilizer and not real bullets, then commits suicide ... that was weird.  It was like his sole existence was to hunt Spiderman, and when he proved he could do it, he decided he no longer needed to live anymore.  Then there was the Captain Marvel who died of cancer.  And there was the wedding of Spidey and Mary Jane.  Then, ofcourse, there was Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu 

I didn't like the special effects in the Hulk; it seemed too CGI'ish; didn't look very "real".  Oh, and that reminds me, I really didn't like Catwoman, but my nieces did, so I guess that's okay. 
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 00:36
All Star Squadron was the Justice Society in World War 2. I'm a history buff too so I loved that book.
http://supermanfanart.com/all-stars/worldwar.htm

http://supermanfanart.com/wallpaper/all-star-squadron/spectre_small.jpg

McFarlane was good. I missed the Captain death book. I was curious about how that happened.
I was also a big fan of the Shazam Captain Marvel TV show when I was a kid.

Catwoman was ok. It didn't get into my super hero dvd collection if that tells you anything. I did get Elektra though.

You know I would really like to see the old Spiderman TV show out of curiosity. I know it's bound to suck really bad. I saw one episode a few years back and was bored, but I know there has to be some good episodes, I mean I loved it when I was a kid so surely it can't be all that bad. Can it?

If it were me I would have went with a guy playing the Hulk like Lou Ferrigno.

My favorite Spiderman books were the Marvel Team-Ups. Remember those?
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 03:23
First of all I am happy to say I am a child of the 80's, 7 when it started and 17 when it finished. I guess I didn't take as much notice of the writers and artists back in the 80's when I used to read the comics whilst standing in the papershop instead of buying them. Superman, Hulk, Spiderman (occasionally) The Avengers and Batman. I liked the Saturday morning cartoons like Superfriends, Spiderman, He-Man and The Master of ther Universe. My mosted loved TV shows were Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman, The Incredible Hulk, Greatest American Hero, Spiderman was ok for it's time period. My mosted loved movies were Superman 1, 2, 3 & 4 (it was passable) and I liked all the Batman movies but my only problem was that Michael and George were too short for the role and Val didn't have big enough jawline. I think they should have put one of the huge wrestlers in the role of the big screen Hulk but I didn't mind the CGI in the movie because I think the fight scene between the Hulk and the three dogs is awesome. I don't think they could have pulled off that kind of scene with a real person in the role and, Tim, I think they gave a better explanation of why the gamma radiation altered his molecular structure when he got angry than the way the comics had as just a freak of nature who should have died but got "changed" instead. I liked both Punisher movies, Daredevil not so much, Catwoman was about the same, didn't see Elektra but Spiderman 1 & 2, Batman Begins and Fanastic 4 were great. I liked the Blade trilogy and TimeCop were good aswell.
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 04:16   Last Edited By: kazaadude
@Tim, for Captain Marvel, it turns out that he's had a slowly progressing cancer for a long time, but because of the power wrist bands of his, the effects were held in check, so he finally noticed it's effects, the disease had progressed too far.  So basically, the wrist bands that protected him were also the reason he didn't know about it and get treated earlier.  In the end, there were all these superheroes mourning for him.  Talk about depressing.

Problem with the Spiderman TV show was he was doing a whole bunch of un-Spiderman stuff ... like riding a speedboat, etc.  I mean, except for the occassional wall climbing, he did stuff other action-detective show guys do.  He was very "land" based, unlike the current movies, where like a spider, he's always in the air or on a wall ... very few walking or running scenes. 

The Captain Marvel tv series was cool; as a kid, I was thinking ... their van had the exact lightning logo as Captain Marvel, so why can't anyone get a clue? hehe.  But the one I really liked was Isis ... she's a hottie, which brings me to WonderWoman ... another hottie. 

Yeah I remember those Marvel Team-ups.  Spiderman and Angel (who was then one of the weakest superheroes), Thing and ?, etc.  Usually, the plot is, for some strange coincidence, both superheroes happen to be in the same place.

@superjon, Greatest American Hero was cool and funny.  He always lost the instruction manual for the suit.  In one episode, he was able to get the manual (from an alien, I think?) and he tested one of the powers, which was shrinking.  Then when he returned to normal size, he forgot he left the book shrunken too, so he lost it again. 

Elektra was nothing great, but it was ok.  The action sequences in the Hulk were good, but I think they could've made him look less cgi'ish.  The thing with the Hulk is the pacing of the movie was very, very slow.  I guess some people liked it that way.
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 18:06
superjon on the Hulk origin it may have worked more for a scientific basis but movies are escapism anyway you know and are way out there anyway so they might as well went all the way with a huge explosion and lots of drama that the original comic book origin would have given.

Sounds like you guys like about the same shows and movies I liked as a kid.

I've made it my goal to collect as many TV dvd sets as possible from my childhood days. So far I've got two sets of the Greatest American Hero, Two of Wonder Woman, two of the Dukes of Hazzard, one Knight Rider, and of course I've got just about every super hero movie ever made.

Anybody remember the Lone Ranger movie? I got that one on tape.

I used to have tapes of old shows that I lost. Man I wish I had them now. Don't you hate vague memories of old TV shows but you can't quite place them. I remember a short lived comedy about police officers that starred Adam West as the chief. Of course there was also that  Misfits of Science  I think it was called with super hero kids that had the power of shrinking, electricity, etc. Johnny B. Goode was the name of the electricity guy. They played a version of the old song for him, and I think one of the girls from "Friends" played a phsycic powered girl. Anybody remember that?

And Lucille Ball and Desi's kid had a show called Automan. I think it was way ahead of it's time. He created a super hero from the computer which reminds of the movie Wierd Science. I watched that one a million times.

You all remember any other short lived series, or ones that time forgot?
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 19:28
Misfits of Science was cool.  Courtney Cox from friends.  Automan was cool too.

How about ... Dr. Shrinker, Dr. Shrinker, he's the madman with an evil mind, Dr. Shrinker, Dr. Shrinker, he's as crazy as you'll ever find ... about some kids on an island who were shrunken by Dr. Shrinker's Shrinking ray, and they try to survive and get back to normal.  It was together with Electro Woman and Dyna Girl. 

There was a show where they made a rocketship out of junkyard parts.  It starred Andy Griffith.  The show was ... Salvage I.

Then there was Quark, the adventures of space garbage collectors.

Fantastic Journey is about a group that went on a boat trip and entered the Bermuda Triangle and crashed on an Island that has dimension portals.  They try to find their way back home, and they're joined by a guy from the future and an alien girl.

Late 80's also had a show called TV 101, and one of it's stars was Matt LeBlanc who would later be Joey Triviani on Friends.

Head of the Class was cool too.  It had Robin Givens, before she had all that weird stuff with Mike Tyson.

Ofcourse, there's the immortal Parker Lewis Can't Lose. 
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 20:48
Oh yeah why don't they ever rerun Parker Lewis on TVland or something that was funny. Wasn't kind of like Malcolm in the Middle. He was always talking to the camera and doing wild rediculous stuff. The Parker Lewis actor was on a Smallville episode a couple of years ago too - episode zero
http://supermantv.net/episodeguide/episode14/parkerlewis.jpg

I have a vague memory of the shrinking show.
When did the Andy Griffith show come one?
That Fantastic Journey show sounds interesting, but I don't remember it.

I watched head of the class a lot. I liked to watch that WKRP dude which I watched WKRP show too. What was that guy's name that played the teacher? He played on a Disney movie I liked to watch a lot too about a kid in spaceship that went forward in time a decade.
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 23:09
Howard Hesseman was the teacher.

Salvage 1 came out in 1979, but I don't think it lasted long.  The only thing I remember about it was that they built a rocket out of scraps from the junkyard and went to the moon. 

Fantastic Journey starred Roddy McDowal as Professor Jonathan Willoway.  He also starred as an ape in Planet of the Apes.  The alien here had a tuning fork that he'd use to heal people or destroy stuff with.

Funny, I looked into imdb and saw one of the actors in the series Quark was Tim Thomerson, who got pretty famous for his b-grade Trancers movies.  He played a character with 2 genders. 
Posted:  12 Oct 2005 23:29
Right Howard Hessman, remember that cool song I got to wear shades. I think they played that on that show.

What network did Fantastic Journey come on?
Posted:  13 Oct 2005 06:00
Uh, don't know.  I'm not from the states, so our local channels here are different.  Speaking of Networks, that reminds me ...

Battle of the Network Stars ... ABC vs CBS vs NBC.  Most fun event was the obstacle course.  But the hottest events were swimming and throwing the ball into the target to dunk the girl. 
Posted:  13 Oct 2005 09:41
Hey boys remember Buck Rogers, now that was a great show. I think that Tom should be in the big screen remake if they do one that is and his new movie comes out soon I see it's called The Fog. I loved Automan it was so funny with him always introducing himself as agent Mann. I always loved Wonder Woman, I mean how could anyone not love a 5'10" beautiful brunette with hypnotic blue eyes and she still looks great these days in Sky High and Dukes of Hazzard. Always watched Knightrider, A-Team, Blue Thunder, Airwolf, Streethawk, Battlestar Galactica (new one is alright aswell). Corin Nemec aka Parker Lewis, also did one series of StarGate SG1. I mean if it had a good concept based on good imagination I will watch it. I guess we will have to differ on our opinions of Hulk, hey boys but that's ok because we are different people of course.
Posted:  13 Oct 2005 15:40
Your right Lynda Carter really was awesome as Wonder Woman! I never got to watch Buck Rogers a lot. I'm not sure, but I think it might have come on when we were all at church maybe on Wednesday or Sunday nights.

I saw a few episodes in reruns though. It wasn't a bad show.

I vaguely remember the battle of the network stars kazaadude. Seems like I used to like it though.
Posted:  13 Oct 2005 17:06   Last Edited By: kazaadude
@superjon, yeah I've seen all of those.  Buck Rogers with his "cool" 70's linggo that the people from the future couldn't get.  Linda Carter was incredible.  I only saw one episode of StreetHawk ... I kept thinking to myself, going at that speed on a motorcycle, he's bound to hit something.

Airwolf was cool ... The main character, Stringfellow Hawk, was not only a great helicopter fighter pilot, he was also a cellist. 

@Tim, if you get to catch Buck Rogers, you're gonna have a few laughs.  The linggo, the outfits, the fight scenes ... priceless. 
Posted:  13 Oct 2005 19:59
Speaking of Airwolf isn't it sad how Jan Michael Vincent became a old drunk on the skids. He used to be the coolest of the cool. He was one of my favorite actors on Airwolf and the first Winds of War mini series.
Posted:  14 Oct 2005 20:23
Wow, that's quite a curveball.  I hope he's doing ok.  I wonder how it happened.
Posted:  15 Oct 2005 00:13
I haven't figured it out. I saw him on some entertainment show talking about all his problems. I think the last thing I saw him on was a Nash Bridges episode. I think that was the biggest thing he's done in the last 10 years.

It's sad he could have continued on as a big star I'm sure or at least made a comeback by now.
Posted:  15 Oct 2005 16:52
Don't worry, lot's of actors and actresses who were hot before are making comebacks; Harry Hamlin with his recurring role in Veronica Mars, John Schneider and Annette O'Toole in Smallville ... James Caan disappeared for a while, then got his break in Misery and has been riding it to his current role in Las Vegas.

Did Jan Michael Vincent play Nash Bridge's older brother?  I found it cool that he got his most used expression from his older brother ... can't seem to remember what it was.
Posted:  05 Nov 2005 01:39
Hello! I'm the Hobgoblin. My real name is David. I love comic books. My favorites are Superman, Ultimate Spiderman and Batman.

My favorite movies are Superman: The Movie, Final Destination, Batman Begins, Star Wars 3, Alien vs. Predator, Spider-man 1 and 2, X-men 1 and 2, I, RObot and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Some movies I can't wait to see are: X-men 3, Spider-man 3, and the upcoming Superman movie.

I like to collect graphic novels and comics (I started "collecting" a while ago so my collection isn't big).

My primary language is Spanish (and English is secondary)

uhh. I guess thats all I can say.

BYE
Posted:  05 Nov 2005 22:01
Welcome aboard the Superman TV board.
Posted:  06 Nov 2005 02:53
Yes a very warm welcome to you, the hobgoblin, from all of us at SupermanTV message board.
Posted:  10 Nov 2005 11:19
Hi there everyone. Kal Reeves but my name is George I am a Big time Superman fan I use to collect all the Superman comic books thru the late 80's and late 90's until Superman went eletro I stopped. Tho I still look into back issues of Superman titles or anything cool these days of Superman. I watched all types of Superman Cartoons and TV Series Superboy to Smallville. all good! I like to play Paintball (woodball mostly), the Internet and Watch sci fi fridays on the sci fi channel. Action movies and of Course SUPERMAN! my all time fave. Becuase he is Earth's greatest hero! Nice to meet you all here

See ya on the forum!
"Although Lex Luthor is your ultimate opponent, you will triumph over him, and when you show yourself to the world....it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism...that will start when they look up into the sky at you...with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."-Dr Fate

GO FORWARD!
Posted:  11 Nov 2005 00:54
Howdy Kal, welcome.

Are you fooling or is your name really George Reeves?

My next question is are you kin to the actor?

The 80's Superman comics are some of the best in my opionion. The early 90's I wasn't so crazy about.
Posted:  11 Nov 2005 07:44   Last Edited By: Kal Reeves
LOL Sorry Tim my last name is not Reeves. It is just part of the username I just came up with since I really didn't now what to use and the name Kal Reeves just came to me when I signed up for the forum.But my real name is George and yes I agree that the 90's Superman when they changed him I wasn't too Interested in him. Thanks for the Welcome

GO FORWARD!
"Although Lex Luthor is your ultimate opponent, you will triumph over him, and when you show yourself to the world....it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism...that will start when they look up into the sky at you...with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."-Dr Fate

GO FORWARD!
Posted:  11 Nov 2005 16:02
Oh well maybe one of these days we'll have a celebrity visit our board. It's still cool to have you on board.

What's your favorite Superman stories?
Posted:  13 Nov 2005 07:45
hi i'm aliaschloe

really i never read comic books or was interested in superman before, but i did see the movies.

smallville was reccomended by a friend so i started watching it and LOVED it!!!!!!!!
Posted:  13 Nov 2005 16:11
Welcome aboard.
Posted:  01 Dec 2005 10:56
Hi ,im trying to meet other superman fans,dont get me wrong I love all super hereos,but Batman gets on my nerves,my best friends nickname is batman,but he always gets the stuff I wish would come out for superman.ya know?the stuff i could buy in stores.I hope this changes.I was wondering if anyone knows how to get superman graphics for my space?
 Find superhero products and fun collectibles in these store collections of merchandise - Batman Captain America Flash Green Arrow Green Lantern Spider-Man Wonder Woman

DC Universe Online - Playstation 3

Batman Logo Auto Accessories Interior Combo Kit Gift Set

Classic Superman Posters Superman the Movie Superman II Posters
Superman III Posters Comic Book Posters Superhero collectibles for sale

Comic Book Fan Art at Fanboyartist.com

SupermanTV.net Gallery Categories

Comic Book Covers

Arrow Gallery

George Reeves

Man of Steel

Smallville

Christopher Reeve

Superboy

Cartoons

Comic Book Ads

Buy Action Hero Abs at Amazon
Action Hero Abs details

Cartoon Gallery and Forum Spider-man Store Spider-man Fan Site Superhero Store Captain America Movie Posters  TV Shows Posterlovers.com