Kirk Alyn

George Reeves

Movies

Lois and Clark   Smallville   Man of Steel   Returns  Superboy

Fan Boy Art  Forum Emotion Images   Avatars   Images Gallery  Superman Facts  Superman Fan Art  Hulk Store

Home

Superman Comics
Superman Links
Hulk VS Superman
Superman Articles
Superman serials

Superman Wallpaper
Superman Animation

Superhero Workouts
New Collectibles
Superman Store

Green Arrow

Batman

Flash

Wonder Woman

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SupermanTV.net Forum / Superman / General Discussion / Posting / Superman Returns Vs Superman 1,2,3 & 4 Part 1

Posted:  22 Feb 2007 09:46
I think that Superman Returns was not up there with the orginal Superman.Brandon Routh's cape was too dark it needed to be bright red to give superman more
character.The movie was too dark all the time it didn't add a happy feeling to the film, hence the dark cape.
The casting & script for certain characters in Superman Returns lacked style & fun. Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was terribly casted, Lex was not a fun smart pants type as Gene Hackman portrayed in the
original.Lex Luthor was totally boring in Superman Returns, but then again the actors are only as good as the script they get.
Lois Lane in SR was another disappointment, Kate Bosworth was no good as LL, nothing like Margot Kidder who was great.
In fact the movie could of been better if not directed by Byran Singer, I think he thought he was filming another X-Men movie all dark & sinister.
I did not like the scene where Lex stabs Superman with a sharp piece of kriptonite, & Lex's goons start
gang bashing Superman in his weak state.
I thought this was a disgraceful scene for a Superman movie.
Superman has been bashed around in other Superman movies,eg: Superman 3, his double of himself nocked him a bit but it was not a nasty attack as gang bashing him.
The airplane accident had good special effect but they dragged the scene out to long, it was so over the top. Even the special effects could not help it,
Lois was thrown around in the plane like rag doll & still came out of it ok.
Clark Kents changes into Superman were weak, his change scenes only lasted seconds.
I think Brandon Routh was ok as a new Superman, he was the only one that did a good job.

There are good bits about the Superman Returns too,
like the opening titles just like old times with the
superman theme & the flying credits.
The use of the Marlon Brando's scenes where a great idea to throw into the movie as was the end part with
Superman looking at his son asleep & giving the same
speeech that his father Jor-El gave him before he sent him away.

Part 2 coming soon, all the good things about the original Superman movies.
Posted:  22 Feb 2007 15:29
I think the airplane scene was the best from the movie. I think it needed more like that especially toward the end.

I agree the use of Marlon Brando was cool, and I didn't like the bad guys bashing Superman and him not come back and whoop up on them.
Posted:  30 Mar 2009 16:53
Does anyone know whatever happened with the apparent footage of Superman exploring what was left of Krypton in the early trailers?  I know, I know - never should have happened. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing what they filmed.
Posted:  30 Mar 2009 22:51
I don't know. Anybody got a clip?
Posted:  17 Apr 2009 14:13
Look at the very beginning of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaOXDOczlc&feature=related

It appears to be a ship with a searchlight looking through the canyons of Krypton.

And also there's footage of him coming out of the crystal rocket as an adult and looking at the knowledge crystals as a boy.

And 48 seconds into this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaOXDOczlc&feature=related

OK, and check THIS out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfxw0G7ndXE&NR=1

Anyone have any word on this stuff?
Posted:  17 Apr 2009 23:15   Last Edited By: bri1978
I agree with the Superman bashing. It was well over the top. The writers seemed to have forgotten Superman always manages to find a way to beat the odds, no matter what condition he is in. Although the goons did get their come-uppance later on when Superman started lifting the island, causing a large chunk of rock to fall on top them.
I thought the air-plane sequence was really well done, but felt the Superman theme should have been more prominent through-out.
The scene on the roof top with the machine gun was cool. Bullets bouncing all over the place and then the single bullet crumpling against Superman's eye and both of them watching it fall to the ground - brilliant stuff.
The change sequence in the lift-shaft was better than the alley shirt ripping one ealier. With that being the first time, I felt it was done too quickly. My favourite change scenes are: the first one in Superman The Movie at the helicopter save and the one near the start of Superman 2 - this one reminded me of the many change panels Curt Swan drew.
I liked Kevin Spacey as Lex. He looked as if he was having a lot of fun with the part.
Routh gave a good performance as Superman/Clark Kent.
Overall not a bad film. But I think they should have started from scratch instead of continuing the franchise. I thought it was a bit unfair on Brandon as he was always going to be flying under the shadow of Christopher Reeve.
It worked for Batman and I'm sure it would work for Superman as well.
Posted:  18 Apr 2009 19:43
I'm hoping for a reboot I think too. Let's see a Superman movie that's back to basics with more action.
Posted:  24 Apr 2009 23:16
You know the ole saying, "you can please some of the people some of the time, but never all the people all of the time".  Guess that's the simplest explanation for why certain projects fly and others flop.

"I am God's workmanship." (Ephesians 2:10)

"I have been redeemed and forgiven." (Colossians 1:14)

"I am the salt and the light of the earth." (Matthew 5:13-14)

David Harvey
Morrisville, NC
[email protected]
 Find superhero products and fun collectibles in these store collections of merchandise - Batman Captain America Flash Green Arrow Green Lantern Spider-Man Wonder Woman

DC Universe Online - Playstation 3

Batman Logo Auto Accessories Interior Combo Kit Gift Set

Classic Superman Posters Superman the Movie Superman II Posters
Superman III Posters Comic Book Posters Superhero collectibles for sale

Comic Book Fan Art at Fanboyartist.com

SupermanTV.net Gallery Categories

Comic Book Covers

Arrow Gallery

George Reeves

Man of Steel

Smallville

Christopher Reeve

Superboy

Cartoons

Comic Book Ads

Buy Action Hero Abs at Amazon
Action Hero Abs details

Cartoon Gallery and Forum Spider-man Store Spider-man Fan Site Superhero Store Captain America Movie Posters  TV Shows Posterlovers.com