Kirk Alyn

George Reeves

Movies

Lois and Clark   Smallville   Man of Steel   Returns  Superboy

Fan Boy Art  Forum Emotion Images   Avatars   Images Gallery  Superman Facts  Superman Fan Art

Home

Superman Comics
Superman Links
Hulk VS Superman
Superman Articles
Superman serials

Superman Wallpaper
Superman Animation

Superhero Workouts

Hulk Store

New Collectibles

Superman Store

CW's Green Arrow

Flash

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SupermanTV.net Forum / Superman / Smallville / What Happens After Smallville?

Posted:  27 May 2009 14:32   Last Edited By: Tim
What Happens After Smallville?

Do you ever wonder what the next TV series will be for Superman? Will it be an animated series, or another live action series like Smallville? It could be a decade or just a couple of years before Supes get's another show after Smallville who knows. Or will they ever start on the next Superman movie?

One thing is for sure Smallville has raised the bar extremely high in the special effects department for even a movie to compete with. To really get people to pack into a movie theater they are going to have to really wow an audience with amazing effects.
Posted:  27 May 2009 15:19
I don't even want to think of it. I LOVE SMALLVILLE. I wish it would NEVER end, but I know I know all good things must come to an End, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Above everything I think they should make a Very Well Written and Nicely Done Smallville Movie to finish it off, so they can make another uperman movie. But I do agree and wonder, what is next after Smallville? What kind of T.V. Series could they do next? LOL my girl just said a cool idea "What about a uperGirl series, they never really touch base with her. I think it would be cool to see a T.V. show based on her origins and how she becomes
uperGirl. Or even a New uperGirl movie would be cool. There's a fan base for her as well as uperman, maybe not as strong, but it's still there." I think she has a point, what do you guys think?

http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/6624/AngelinaJ_James_14637943_400 ...
If you need a good laugh, watch The World's Angriest Cat LOLRH you will laugh your head off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0omjqLTZGU
Posted:  28 May 2009 02:39   Last Edited By: Aerolectric
Clark can't stay Clark forever, he has to become Superman sooner or later (and judling by the # of seasons they put into Smallville, they chose later.)

Ending with a movie would prolly not be the best idea.  Instead, I think they should end with Clark about to (but not) becoming Superman.

From there, they should make a new series (spin off most likely) called Metropolis, or Metropolis: The Early Years (lol, horrible). (Same cast is a '?') Somewhat like Lois&Clark but w/o them being married.  A Smallville-esque version except now with tights and flights .  We've seen that they could do with the Legion.  Now that I think about it, maybe leave the tights out--that's good for movies but for a TV show it might be a little too much.  Keep the Smallvillie style costumes (and in doing so making an awesome one for Clark).

This would be like, he's Superman, but not yet.  People are still getting used to the name, he hasn't had his interview with Lois yet so the world is still wondering about him.

As with a Supergirl show, they could make spin-offs with anyone that's come on, but most people are focusing on Superman, and what's next.

I'm just throwing ideas out there, thoughts?

Road of Lightning
Posted:  28 May 2009 15:18
Interesting ideas, some would like Clark in a unique Superman costume while others might be upset it's not like the original. My personal preference I think would be to have the original costume for the most part at least, but I could see him running around with jeans and a Superman logo t-shirt too.

I wish the CW would revisit the Aquaman series. I'm just not going to let that one go. The goof balls didn't even air the pilot after spending all that money on it. I bet the ratings would have been great.
Posted:  28 May 2009 15:48
What DC characters do you guys think would be cool to show up in the next season?

I think that when Smallville ends, they need to start a new show about Superman. But he needs to keep the original costume. I wonder if they would do that while keeping Tom Welling and the other important cast members like Lois and Oliver.
Posted:  28 May 2009 18:18
Mongul/Darkseid

I don't care which, but I'd like to see/hear of 1 in the next season (or two?)

Road of Lightning
Posted:  29 May 2009 17:14
I'd like to see more sci-fi elements in the story telling maybe they could go back to classic Silver Age Comics for inspiration. Throw in more elements of time travel, alternate dimensions, etc. Put Clark in the old west, or put him up against a dinosaur. Just some imaginative stuff. They can take some chances it's the last or close to last season. Just don't do hum drum stories, or repeat the same exact story lines from Smallville's past all over again.

If Clark were to visit the old west he could run into Jonah Hex if DC and Warners would allow it.
Posted:  03 Jun 2009 21:41   Last Edited By: bri1978
It might be an idea to let Smallville finish and let the cast and crew take over the movie franchise. All the background has been done and the actors are, more or less, recognizable in the rolls for most people to accept them. Tom Welling has potential to be a great Superman, Erica Durance is excellent as Lois and Michael Rosenbaum could come back at Lex. The last episode of Smallville could be about Clark creating his Superman persona and the movie could start with a huge fight scene, in the centre of Metropolis, with say Metallo.
Posted:  03 Jun 2009 22:15
I'll go with that. I'd love to see the Smallville cast take up the movie mantle. Just one thing I hope they rectify the situation of having Metropolis in the wrong state.
Posted:  03 Jun 2009 22:35   Last Edited By: bri1978
Here's a possible solution to the Metropolis problem. The film could involve Brainiac shrinking Metropolis and when Superman rescues it from the bottle, the city could be enlarged in it's proper place on the east coast.
Posted:  04 Jun 2009 15:25
That's brilliant, but almost pushing it too far, but then again at least going forward everything would be right.
Posted:  04 Jun 2009 21:01   Last Edited By: bri1978
I am sure the Smallville creaters would do something amazing. Some of the episodes are like mini movies in their own right.
Christopher Reeve once said, I think it's in his book Still Me, that it is incredible what they can do with the special effects now. When he was doing Superman, weeks of planning went into the various stunts/effects.
Imagine what the Smallville people could with a movie budget.
Posted:  04 Jun 2009 23:52
That's very true. They do awesome effects for a network like CW. They can't have that big of a budget. Imagine a major movie with 150 million dollar budget.

Superman Man of Steel - Comic Style Flying
Buy This Poster at Allposters.com

Classic Superman Posters Superman the Movie Superman II Posters
Superman III Posters Comic Book Posters Superhero collectibles for sale

Comic Book Fan Art at Fanboyartist.com

SupermanTV.net Gallery Categories

Comic Book Covers

Arrow Gallery

George Reeves

Man of Steel

Smallville

Christopher Reeve

Superboy

Cartoons

Comic Book Ads

Buy Action Hero Abs at Amazon
Action Hero Abs details

Cartoon Gallery and Forum Spider-man Store Spider-man Fan Site Superhero Store Captain America Movie Posters  TV Shows Posterlovers.com