Fan Boy Art  Forum Emotion Images   Avatars   Images Gallery  Superman Facts 

Superman DVDs

Books

Posters

T-shirts

Soundtracks

Superheroes store

Toys and Figures

Buying a home in East TN? Have it inspected first by your local Knoxville Quality Home Inspector.

The Man from Nowhere!  
Non-stop
western sci-fi action novel!

Home

Superman Comics
Superman Links
Hulk VS Superman
Superman Articles
Superman serials

Superman Wallpaper
Superman Animation

Superhero Workouts
Superman Store

Green Arrow

Batman

Flash

Wonder Woman

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SupermanTV.net Forum / Superman / Smallville / Smallville Spoilers / Justin Hartley On Smallville's 300-Flavored Fight to the Death.

Posted:  29 Apr 2011 18:46
This Friday on Smallville (The CW, 8/7c) Clark’s journey toward his destiny takes a detour when a most unexpected reappearance by General Slade necessitates a trip to the Phantom Zone. Clark, though, doesn’t go it alone –- rather, he gets an unsolicited assist from Oliver. But could Green Arrow have missed the mark by deciding to tag along? Especially when a revenge-thirsty Zod (guest star Callum Blue) takes the gents prisoner?

Justin Hartley, who directed the action-packed hour, shared with TVLine how he got several super assists in his debut behind the camera, previews how things will end for Oliver and Chloe, and IDs the choice keepsake he wasn’t able to grab after shooting the series finale.

TVLINE | So tell me, what brings Oliver to the Phantom Zone?
Basically what happens is Oliver worms his way in – literally, through a wormhole! Clark winds up in the Phantom Zone, looks up, and there’s Oliver: “What, are you kidding me?! You can’t be here!” Their friendship is put on the line, and tested…. I can’t tell you exactly how, but there’s a moment where you’re literally going to drop your drink and go, “What… the… f–?!”

TVLINE | I guess Oliver and Chloe have an “open” marriage, that he can run off to a cosmic wormhole at a moment’s notice.
[Laughs] “Hey, I’m going into this wormhole, I’ll be back for dinner!” I think she probably is of the understanding that he’s not a typical 9-to-5er.

TVLINE | What surprised you most about your directing experience?I don’t know why I was surprised, since I know these people, but I was surprised by how much help everyone was. Tom [Welling], Erica [Durance], Cassidy [Freeman], the DP, my AD, the writers….  [Executive producers] Brian [Peterson] and Kelly [Souders] came to set, and they really don’t have to do that. They can kind of just go, “Here, do your thing,” but they worked hard to make sure that I was successful. Tom was really great in letting me do a couple of things with him, and as a result there are moments where Smallville fans are going to go, “Whoa!” I was like, “Hey, dude, will you wear this? Can I get you to do this?” And he did everything. I owe him a lot. But that’s just how all those people are – the grips, the prop guys making sure the blood was perfect, everyone making sure that I would be seen in the best light I could be seen in. It was touching, really.

TVLINE | The promos suggest a 300-style look to the action sequences. Was that something you had in mind, or did it come from the producers?
I’m glad that you saw that because it is something I had in mind. We had this unbelievable DP with a really great eye, so I knew I was in good hands there, but because of the budget we came up short on the whole weapons thing. I’m sitting there going, “We have a gladiator episode, what are we supposed to do, step into the arena and argue with each other? ” So one of the guys had this brilliant idea. [The 2006 Zack Snyder film] 300 was a Warner Bros. production, and we got a ton of stuff from them to use — the masks, the armor…. And then our wardrobe lady built this other stuff out of, like, hockey gear. It turned into something a lot bigger than it was originally.

TVLINE | Looking ahead, what are Oliver and Kara (Laura Vandervoort) up to in next week’s episode, “Prophecy”?
They are caught up in trying to figure out why each other is looking for the Bow of Orion [which Oliver believes will remove the Omega symbol from his skull]. Then they sort of realize that they should pool their resources and try to find it together.

TVLINE | With Allison Mack back for the series finale (airing May 13), will we get a sense of what Oliver and Chloe have been up to as marrieds… and what destiny awaits them?
Yeah, it’s all wrapped up really, really nicely – and it sort of sets [their romance] apart from what you’ve read in the comics. You’re not going to watch it and go, “Oh, this doesn’t make any sense because of what I’ve read in the comics.” It’s a separate story that allows the comics to breathe kind of their own life. It’s not something that contradicts all the mythology.

TVLINE | What keepsake did you grab before leaving Smallville for good?
You mean, did I steal anything?

TVLINE | “Steal” is a strong word. Thought maybe you’d grab the random bow, arrow….
No, no…. What I wanted was to take the one Green Arrow suit that I wore and auction it off for charity, but I think that’s been put in an archive. I took a bunch of production stills, and I got a really great gift from the producers after directing “Dominion” – it’s like a movie slate in a frame. But no, I didn’t really take much.

TVLINE | And any plans for the summer?
No, I’m just going to chill out, look for something good and play it by ear!

Source: TV Line.com.
Posted:  29 Apr 2011 19:29

Posted:  29 Apr 2011 20:54

K.R.

GO FORWARD!
"Although Lex Luthor is your ultimate opponent, you will triumph over him, and when you show yourself to the world....it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism...that will start when they look up into the sky at you...with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."-Dr Fate

GO FORWARD!
Posted:  29 Apr 2011 21:00

K.R.

GO FORWARD!
"Although Lex Luthor is your ultimate opponent, you will triumph over him, and when you show yourself to the world....it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism...that will start when they look up into the sky at you...with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."-Dr Fate

GO FORWARD!
Posted:  29 Apr 2011 21:35
Justin Hartley on his directorial debut, tonight's cliffhanger, and Oliver's return after 'nesting' with Chloe

So when I talked to Justin Hartley about tonight’s episode of Smallville, “Dominion,” which also happens to be the actor’s first directing effort, he was excited, to say the least. You wouldn’t think that this was a freshman director poised to make his big debut with one of the final episodes of a decade-old cult television show. But it’s Hartley’s passion that makes me think we’re in for a real treat tonight. And hopefully after reading this chat with the 34-year-old actor/director — where he talks about everything from his biggest challenges to his character’s return — you’ll agree. (And hopefully I’m not the only one who sort of swooned when he used the word “nesting” to describe Oliver’s life with Chloe.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was it like taking your first turn in the director’s chair on one of the last episodes of Smallville ever?
JUSTIN HARTLEY: For me, it was a bit scary. [But] as soon as I stepped on set, from the very first moment, I was very comfortable. I realized that’s because that’s where I’m comfortable. It’s the prep –  the meetings, the tone meetings, all that stuff — that I’m not that familiar with. That was a bit intimidating at first. So I’m thankful that it was one of the last episodes because I got an opportunity to watch more closely each director leading up to my own. I actually went to Vancouver — I live in L.A. and wasn’t in the episode previous to “Dominion” — way before [I directed]. Mike Roland is one of our directors and I watched a lot of what he was doing. I’ve seen the episode and it’s pretty phenomenal. All Smallville episodes are “epic,” but I don’t think this was one of the “big deal” episodes, and I think it turned into one. Hopefully I had something to do with that.

Did you face any surprising challenges while on set?
One of the things that shocked me the most was the clock. The minute hand turns into a second hand. You call ‘Actions,’ your first shot of the day, you take a breath, and it’s lunch time and you don’t have anything done. So I had the fortunate event of telling people it was going to happen in advance. But the pace of the day — you go through a 12-hour day in what seems to be like a half hour and you’re absolutely exhausted. But I get a rush from that. I really enjoyed it. I hope to do it again, actually.

Well…
[Jokingly] Season 11!

Aww.
I’m just kidding. I’m kidding.

So I’ve seen some clips. It looks great, and you’re right, it turned out to be an epic-looking episode. What’s going on between Oliver and Clark here, though. Clark’s not so happy about Oliver’s presence in the Phantom Zone.
Clark has basically been given this information in the beginning of the episode, in the teaser. Somebody has messed something up and he has to go fix it. Oliver comes back into town, and he’s ready to help. He’s been, like, nesting with Chloe. He’s probably just bored out of his mind — ready to lift some weights and shoot some bad guys. And he comes back into town and Clark doesn’t really get conned into letting Oliver go. Oliver sort of just sneaks in there. So then Clark’s gotta deal with this. So it’s like, “Not only do I have to protect Earth, I have a bigger problem: I gotta protect this stupid ass who can’t protect themselves.” It’s a really, really neat episode [because] you see the evolution of their relationship — what their relationship has become. There are a lot of trust issues and life and death situations. They’re placing their lives in the other person’s hands because Clark doesn’t have superpowers in the Phantom Zone. You know, my neighbor is listening to this and he probably thinks I’m an absolute nutjob right now. “Superpowers?!? Why’s he talking about superpowers?”

[Laughs]
Sorry. Anyway, it’s one of those situations where you have no choice but to put your safety into someone else’s hands and you’re not sure what they’re going to do with it. We find out at the end what happens, and there’s actually a nice little cliffhanger that leads into the last two episodes.

That was my next question, actually. How does it set us up for the last stretch?
It’s key. You have this situation where Oliver is branded with this Omega sign and we’ve seen that throughout the whole season. We paid attention to it a lot, then we got away from it, we came back to it, and then Oliver was gone. The whole thing gets wrapped up in the finale. I mean, obviously, you have to wrap everything up. But the information given in “Dominion” makes you sit there and go, “Oh, God. How are they going to deal with that?” Because what you thought was fixed is not at all. In fact, it’s gotten worst. It’s pretty integral in telling the story of the final episodes. In [episode] 20, Oliver goes on a quest to find this thing. It leads it into that.

Obviously it plays a huge part in that storyline. What about as far as the Superman mythology? Anything cool in this one?
You know what it is? You want to see — I know it’s Smallville, it’s not action all the time — but it’s action. You want to see Clark fighting. You want to see him beating up the bad guy, and the cool twist is that he’s, essentially, a human. He’s stripped of his powers, and he’s gotta fight. And, gosh have we seen… let me put it this way: He might have to fight somebody who has more skills than he does as a human. It’s pretty interesting.

Do you mean Zod?
No. I’m not talking about Zod. I’m glad I didn’t say anything! But Zod is there, too. Speaking of which, Callum was unbelievably good! He’s such a nice, warm, funny, gentle, smart guy. And [on screen] he’s this smarmy little  f–k. You want to beat the s–t out of this guy within 30 seconds of seeing him. Then they call cut and he’s like, [says something inaudible in heavy English accent]. He’s an amazing person.

Final thoughts?
I only hope that if I ever do this again, I only hope it’s half the amount of fun I had on this thing. I knew I wanted to try it. I didn’t know if I would like it. I love it.

Source: Inside TV.com.

Deadlaw the Undead Detective

Deadlaw is the best new superhero to debut in decades!

Western Sci-fi
Western SCI-FI Book -The Man from Nowhere

Uncle Sam Coloring Book

Halloween Coloring Book

Learn ABCs with Lucky Cat

Humpty Dumpty's Guide to Eating Healthy

Kid's Books

For lots of fun product stuff check out these pages - Superheroes

Classic Superman Posters Superman the Movie Superman II Posters
Superman III Posters Comic Book Posters Superhero collectibles for sale

Comic Book Fan Art at Fanboyartist.com

SupermanTV.net Gallery Categories