Kirk Alyn

George Reeves

Movies

Lois and Clark   Smallville   Man of Steel   Returns  Superboy

Fan Boy Art  Forum Emotion Images   Avatars   Images Gallery  Superman Facts  Superman Fan Art  Hulk Store

Home

Superman Comics
Superman Links
Hulk VS Superman
Superman Articles
Superman serials

Superman Wallpaper
Superman Animation

Superhero Workouts
New Collectibles
Superman Store

Green Arrow

Batman

Flash

Wonder Woman

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SupermanTV.net Forum / Superman / General Discussion / Avengers Is So Big It Dwarfs Other Marvel Films, FX Supervisor Says

Posted:  16 Feb 2012 22:25
Avengers Is So Big It Dwarfs Other Marvel Films, FX Supervisor Says

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/avengers-new1-570x379.jpg

Chris Wells has worked as special effects supervisor on an impressive line-up of superhero movies: Captain America: The First Avenger, The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-Men and Green Lantern. So when he told Total Film that Marvel’s The Avengers is the biggest and best of the bunch, that’s saying something.

“I went to a screening with all the temporary visual effects and it was pretty fleshed out,” Wells said. “It’s a long movie but it doesn’t feel like it. Out of all the comic book movies and franchises I’ve worked on, this is the best one I’ve seen so far.” And that’s just from test footage!

He also said the pre-credits opening sequence serves as a prelude, adding, “There’s nothing small in this movie.”

“I promise you it’s not going to be boring,” Wells said. “This thing has gone so big that Marvel are dwarfing their other franchises. For people who enjoy the comics and haven’t really liked the way some of the characters were treated in other movies, I think they’re going to be a little more appeased by this one. Especially the Hulk. They let the Hulk be Hulk and that’s great. He acts more like the comic book Hulk. It’s fun. My biggest problem with every single superhero movie is I don’t think the payoff ever matches the build up. This one definitely does.”

Directed by Joss Whedon, The Avengers stars Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as the Incredible Hulk, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill and Stellan Skarsgård as Dr. Selvig. It opens May 4.

Source:spinoff.comicbookresources.com

K.R.

GO FORWARD!
"Although Lex Luthor is your ultimate opponent, you will triumph over him, and when you show yourself to the world....it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism...that will start when they look up into the sky at you...with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."-Dr Fate

GO FORWARD!
Posted:  17 Feb 2012 15:23
Glad to hear this. Makes me wonder though if they let it all out for this one what will they do for the individual superhero movies? Will they up the action for them too I wonder?

DC Universe Online - Playstation 3

Batman Logo Auto Accessories Interior Combo Kit Gift Set

Classic Superman Posters Superman the Movie Superman II Posters
Superman III Posters Comic Book Posters Superhero collectibles for sale

Comic Book Fan Art at Fanboyartist.com

SupermanTV.net Gallery Categories

Comic Book Covers

Arrow Gallery

George Reeves

Man of Steel

Smallville

Christopher Reeve

Superboy

Cartoons

Comic Book Ads

Buy Action Hero Abs at Amazon
Action Hero Abs details

Cartoon Gallery and Forum Spider-man Store Spider-man Fan Site Superhero Store Captain America Movie Posters  TV Shows Posterlovers.com