Fan Boy Art  Forum Emotion Images   Avatars   Images Gallery  Superman Facts 

Superman DVDs

Books

Posters

T-shirts

Soundtracks

Superheroes store

Toys and Figures

Buying a home in East TN? Have it inspected first by your local Knoxville Quality Home Inspector.

The Man from Nowhere!  
Non-stop
western sci-fi action novel!

Home

Superman Comics
Superman Links
Hulk VS Superman
Superman Articles
Superman serials

Superman Wallpaper
Superman Animation

Superhero Workouts
Superman Store

Green Arrow

Batman

Flash

Wonder Woman

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 

SupermanTV.net Forum / Superman / Superman Comic Books / 5 Comic Book Movies That Never Got the Credit They Deserved

Posted:  27 Aug 2016 00:01
5 Comic Book Movies That Never Got the Credit They Deserved

http://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Billy-Campbell-in-The-Rocketeer-640x360.jpg?96b930

By Robert Yaniz Jr

For decades, comic book characters have been making the leap from the page to the big screen, with results ranging from the crowd-pleasing The Avengers to the much-maligned Catwoman. Now that Marvel and DC heroes have become box office staples, more and more comic book tales are finding their way into theaters. However, while films like The Dark Knight receive heaps of critical praise and monstrous financial success, some comic book movies fail to receive the attention they deserve during their initial release. Here are five such examples, in order of release. We’re giving priority to films that have yet to spawn follow-ups (since sequels indicate a recognized success) or received awards consideration for their achievements (Road to Perdition, American Splendor)........

Click on the link to read the entire article

I agree these movies should have gotten more credit than that what they got. Oh well there are still awesome to watch.

K.R.

GO FORWARD!
"Although Lex Luthor is your ultimate opponent, you will triumph over him, and when you show yourself to the world....it will be a different age than ours, Clark. A silver age of heroism...that will start when they look up into the sky at you...with hope for tomorrow. You will help everyone to embrace it."-Dr Fate

GO FORWARD!
Posted:  27 Aug 2016 19:11
I love the Rocketeer. They are supposed to make another one, but they planned on using a different character, a black lady to replace the Rocketeer. So it's another case where political correctness is more important than staying true to characters. I wonder if they learned anything from the failure of the new Ghostbusters. Heck, I wouldn't watch a Charlie's Angels that replaced the girls with men either, or a white guy playing Luke Cage. You know why can't Hollywood just stay true to the original intent of characters?

The original Rocketeer should have gotten a sequel, but as usual in Hollywood it's all about the numbers over quality unless, of course, they can push a personal political agenda of some sort, then they don't worry about the money.

They listed the latest Dredd, but it was a little too much cursing and junk for me. I liked Stallone's version better, myself. I think it got a bum rap.

The Hellboy movies were good, but I think I liked the first one better. I would have liked another one. He's a great character.

Deadlaw the Undead Detective

Deadlaw is the best new superhero to debut in decades!

Western Sci-fi
Western SCI-FI Book -The Man from Nowhere

Uncle Sam Coloring Book

Halloween Coloring Book

Learn ABCs with Lucky Cat

Humpty Dumpty's Guide to Eating Healthy

Kid's Books

For lots of fun product stuff check out these pages - Superheroes

Classic Superman Posters Superman the Movie Superman II Posters
Superman III Posters Comic Book Posters Superhero collectibles for sale

Comic Book Fan Art at Fanboyartist.com

SupermanTV.net Gallery Categories